The one thing about Houston is—you’ll never be bored. This big city is sprawling with people and potential date destinations and activities. With its warm weather and Texas charm, you’ll be sure to impress your date and have a good time.
Here are 13 great Houston date destinations:
- Trampoline jumping. Really? Maybe you haven’t noticed, but there is a new trend of indoor trampoline parks. And it’s not just for kids! These aren’t like your backyard trampolines—these are the big time. So show your stuff and don’t be afraid to get a little sweaty. Check out Sky Zone Trampoline Park.
- Wine tasting. If you or your date enjoy a bit of the taste of the grape, check out local wineries. Check out Houston Historical Tours for information about how to see several wineries with your date within a few hours.
- Hit the green. Go golfing at one of Houston’s many amazing golf courses. Don’t know how to play? You can practice your swing at the driving range or even take lessons together. Check out the tee times and list of courses at Golf Now.
- Turtle racing. Yep, you read that right. One bar on Houston called Little Woodrow’s has turtle racing on Thursday nights. It’s definitely out of the ordinary but could be fun with a date.
- Horseback riding. Even if you aren’t a cowboy or cowgirl, this is Texas after all. So grab a hat and boots and head to Cypress Trails, where you can pick from a variety of horses and trails. Happy trails to you and your date!
- Check out Discovery Green. It’s hard to be in Houston and not enjoy Discovery Green. It’s a 12-acre park in downtown with tons of fun stuff to do. You can walk around and enjoy the scenery, play bocce ball, rent an artful golf cart, and eat some good food.
- Sunset show. If you need something free but out of the ordinary, check out the James Turrell “Twilight Epiphany” Skyspace at Rice University. You really have to see it to believe it. Although it is free, reservations are necessary as seating is limited.
- Space Center. Houston, we have a date who loves space! There are many amazing things to see and do at Space Center Houston. From checking out a shuttle to listening to an astronaut, there is a lot to learn here.
- Food variety. With the differing restaurants available in Houston, it’ll be hard to just pick one. So why not pick a couple of them? Perhaps try appetizers at one, an entrée at another, and dessert at one more. Check out yelp.com for ideas, though Melange Creperie looks intriguing.
- Rock climbing. If you or your date like to get physical, then check out Texas Rock Gym. From beginner to advanced to everything in between, this will be a good time. Lessons are also available.
- Kayaking. Yes, in the city! Check out Bayou City Adventures to find some short or long kayaking adventures for you and your date with beautiful views all along the way. While you’re at it, you’ll get a great workout in.
- Theater District. Outside of New York City, actually Houston is known for having one of the best theater districts. Check out the Theater District website for information on the different performance halls as well as upcoming shows of all kinds. Perhaps there will be a romantic show for you and your date to attend?
- Line dancing. Why not? It’s the quintessential Texas thing to check off your bucket list. Check out Wild West for events and brush up on your dancing skills. Don’t forget your boots and hat, and most of all, your date!