The thing about dating is: you don’t know if it is going anywhere, you want to have a good time, and you definitely want to leave a good impression.
The other thing is that maybe you don’t have a lot of money to spend on dating. So how can you get into the dating scene and go on lots of dates without a lot of cash? That’s easy. Find as many free dates as you can.
Here are our Top 10 Free Dates:
- Go Dog Walking.Head to your local humane society (check out their volunteer requirements beforehand) and get set up to walk some dogs. The dogs will love the attention and exercise, and you and your date can feel good giving that gift to some homeless dogs.
- Music in the Park.Chances are, somewhere near where you live is free music in the park night. Do a quick search and see when and where. Grab some chairs or a blanket and pick up your date. Have fun listening to tunes, people watching, and getting to know your date better.
- Hit Up Karaoke Night.Whether at a bar or other local hot spot, karaoke can be a load of laughs for you and your date. Before you go, get some singing practice in. It’s only fair that you show your stuff on stage to your date! Maybe they will return the favor. Or you could always do a duet.
- Go Geocaching. If you’ve never heard of it, here is the gist. People have hidden all sorts of little things everywhere, and your job is to find them by figuring out what the clues mean. It’s like a scavenger hunt of sorts. Check out geocaching.com for more info. You’ll need your phone and a little trinket to leave behind for the next geocacher.
- Go to Poetry Night.Channel your inner Poe, Dickinson or Wordsworth and head to poetry night. You’ll be amazed how interesting the topics and people will be. You might even be inspired to write a little something of your own and recite it for all (including your date!) to hear.
- Volunteer.There are endless opportunities to lend a helping hand in your local area. Why not make a date of it? Whether it’s feeding the homeless, pulling weeds, or painting a house, you’re sure to have a good time. Maybe you’ll get a little dirty and tired, but you’ll get a chance to work side by side and really make a difference in the process.
- Play Games. You can’t beat a good ol’ fashioned game night! Pull out the old board games and have a go at as many as you can stand. If you don’t have any, you could borrow some, or you could try playing online. You’ll get to see how competitive the other is. Just remember to let your date win at least once!
- Get in Some Exercise.You could go for a bike ride, play tennis, go for a hike, or hit the beach together. There are so many options to choose from. Get your gear ready, grab your date, and go for it!
- Be a Tourist in Your Own Town.Whether your town is big or small, there are things to see. Find out some local history and see what other people come to town to see. Plot some locations on a map and play tourist with your date. You may discover something new in the process.
- Feed the Ducks.Ok, so maybe this isn’t 100% free (because you’ll need a loaf of bread), but it’s pretty close. Head to any park that has ducks and have some fun throwing them something to eat. You’ll get a chance to walk around a beautiful place and take in the animals as you take in each other.