This is the last straw. This just isn’t working out for me. If I have to read one more online profile that says, “Looking for love, could you be the one?” I think I might…
If this is you, it’s definitely time to click the log out button. Maybe it’s time to realize that online dating isn’t for you—at least for now. No matter how long you’ve been at it, or how many online dates you’ve had, maybe it’s time to take a break and try something new.
There could be several things going on here. Perhaps you aren’t ready, or there is something going on in your life that prevents you from putting yourself out there. Or maybe the type of person you are looking for isn’t on any of the online dating sites. Whatever the reason, it’s ok.
We give you permission to say goodbye to online dating for the moment.
You can always pick it up later, but for now—have a little fun. Enjoy the moment. Develop yourself and find out who you really are. If you are fed up with online dating, try these options instead. Who knows? Maybe you’ll learn a new, valuable skill, and you’ll meet someone awesome in the process.
- Sign up for a salsa class. Who doesn’t want to listen to the Latin beats while getting a little exercise? If dancing doesn’t come naturally to you, that’s ok. You’re here to learn. Salsa dancing takes a lot of energy, so go ready to sweat. We’re willing to bet that by the end of your first class, you’ll be begging for more.
- Join a club/organization. There are clubs and organizations for just about every industry or interest out there. Like photography? There’s bound to be a local club for that. Maybe you are interested in investing. Surprisingly, there’s a group for that too. Do a search of groups in your area, and ask friends for referrals. Go to a meeting and see what fits.
- Take a baking/cooking course. You gotta eat, right? Might as well make it fun and get better at the techniques. Cooking involves a lot of creativity and focus. As an added bonus, when you are done you have something awesome to taste.
- Relax while you practice yoga. If you’re stressed, there’s nothing better than yoga. It helps stretch all your muscles while allowing you to decompress from your day. It also teaches you balance and introspection. Commit to at least a few classes and gauge how you feel. Are you getting better each time?
- Take up art. Watercolor, sculpting, pottery—there are many different types of art to try. And it’s all subjective, so you’re not allowed to say it’s bad. It’s all in the eye of the beholder. There is something very invigorating and satisfying about creating something of beauty. Try it and see.
- Become a travel junkie. From road trips to month-long back-packing trips, and everything in between, traveling is where it’s at. Where else can you get a new perspective, see new things, and meet new people? Write up your travel bucket list and start marking them off. Go explore the world and find yourself in the process.
- Turn yourself over to service. Nothing brings more happiness than giving. Volunteer at a nonprofit, a shelter, or find people in your neighborhood who need a hand. The more you give, the happier you will be, and you’ll make the world a better place in the process.
- Get a pet. Sometimes being single gets lonely. We get it. What if you didn’t have to be alone, and the one you were with really appreciated you? Research different pets and see which one could be right for you. If you want to go for walks in the park, a dog is a great option. If you want to pet a furry friend on your lap, maybe a cat would work instead. The fun thing about pets is, you give love, and you get love in return.