You spotted him at the Health Food Store and you knew—that cute guy was definitely a personal trainer. The bulging muscles, the athletic ensemble, the way he picked out his organic protein shake mix…they all gave him away.
Just don’t stare, ok?
Maybe as you browse the isle or two over, and try not to drop your gluten-free brownies, you think about personal trainer guy. What if he asked you out? What would it be like dating a guy like that?
Before you think that he’d nit-pick your choice of food, make you workout with him or do weekly weigh-ins, take a moment and think about all the positives. There are plenty. Here are 7 you may not have considered:
- He looks GOOD. Not that we have to remind you, but he works hard to keep a strong and lean physique. That’s a definite plus. Even as he ages, he’ll keep working hard to keep himself looking great. What’s not to love about that?
- He’ll give you free session or two. We mean personal training! He’s got the skills and the experience to help others achieve their fitness goals. Why not you, too? Whether you’ve spent time in the gym or are a novice at working out, dating a personal trainer is a great opportunity to get to know him while you get to know your muscles at a little better.
- He can get you a good deal at the gym. He probably knows most of the people who work there. Maybe he can get you in a 20% off? Or at least a few free spin classes. You might as well sign up if you’re dating him; this is pretty much his hobby. Time to get on those tennis shoes and break a sweat!
- Healthy eating by osmosis. Being a personal trainer means you practice what you preach, and a huge part of healthy living is focusing on healthy eating. Don’t feel bad if you’re less than perfect, because helping people is what he does! Let him know you need him to be patient about it, but that you are willing to learn. We’re betting that by just being around him, his healthy eating will rub off on you naturally. He’ll show you how he shops, where and how he orders out, and he won’t be a bad influence by late-night drive-thru runs. It’s a good thing.
- He’ll do all the heavy lifting. Need to move that couch? He’s got your back. Need him to bring in the groceries? He’ll do it all in one go. Heck, he may even lift you! He won’t complain and he’ll be right there, because he’s got energy and muscles to spare. We’ll take that.
- You get out and get active on dates. Hiking, jogging, playing sports—you can bet if you date your personal trainer, dinner and movies won’t be the main thing you’ll be doing together. He’ll want to get out and get active. It’ll be invigorating to not only your body but your mind. Seeing and doing new things helps your brain open up. You’ll definitely go home from your dates feeling a healthy dose of endorphins. Maybe being alone on a beautiful mountainside will open up some romantic opportunities as well.
- He’ll be around for a long time. He’s got good life habits. He works out and eats well. Chances are, he is goal-oriented and driving, meaning he looks at the future and plans ahead. If you’re dating a personal trainer, we hope that your future is bright together.