If you’re single long enough, you may start to wonder, “Is there something wrong with me?”
Believe me, I thought that hundreds of times. I couldn’t figure it out. I was trying my best, gosh darn it. I worked out, wore makeup, and talked to as many guys as I could. So why wasn’t I having any luck in love?
When I was done feeling down about myself, I tried to turn it around. “What if,” I thought, “that I’m just not looking for the right type of guy?”
Now there was something I could really analyze.
I got out my journal and made a list. And guys, here is a little secret. Whether us girls want to admit it or not, at one time or another MOST of us have written a list of what we are looking for in a guy. You always hear, if you write it down it’s more likely to happen. It couldn’t hurt, right? Us ladies like to make it as easy as possible for this love thing to happen.
In talking to my girl friends, something has become quite clear. A lot of us are looking for the same basic things. Guys, wouldn’t you like to know what those things are? I’m about to tell you. And if you are lacking one or more, then it’s probably the reason why you are still single.
Ultimately, none of us are perfect. But the point is to be working on being the best you that you can be. Then you will definitely be more attractive. Without further adieu, here are the Top 5 Things Girls Look for in a Guy:
- He’s basically happy. Who wants to be with someone who is grouchy or complains all the time? If you typically talk about what is wrong with things, or never feel like things are good for you, then a girl will sense that and run the other direction. She has enough negative thoughts she is trying to squash. She doesn’t need yours, too. Also, one of those most attractive things is a guy’s smile, and also when he makes a woman laugh. If you can make her laugh, you’re totally in.
- He has basic life skills. Can you survive on your own? That is a big deal to a woman. She doesn’t want to be your mother. She wants an equal. Even if you don’t have your dream job yet, just the fact that you are working hard and have aspirations is enough. Do you have a place to live and cook basic things? That shows that you could someday be someone she could live with. Do you budget pretty well and have a car or know how to get around? This isn’t rocket science. We’re talking basics here. Women want to know you have a future before stepping into your world with you.
- He generally likes people (and could like kids), and he has healthy relationships. Does he get along with his parents? Does he have guy friends? What sorts of things do they do together? The people a guy hangs out with says a lot about who he is as a person. If he has good, healthy relationships, it’s an indication to a woman that he has the ability to have that type of relationship with her, and maybe even kids someday.
- He takes care of his appearance. Ok, so ladies do like good-looking men. That’s just human nature. But even guys who aren’t model quality can still attract women. If you basically take care of yourself by eating fairly healthy 80% of the time, exercising a few times a week (doesn’t have to be anything too crazy), and getting your haircut and wearing decent clothes, then women will look your way. If you are thinking, “Well if she cares too much about my dirty sweatpants and floppy hair, then….” Ok get real, dude. Try it out for a week. Go to a salon and get an awesome haircut. Wear some nice jeans and a collared shirt when you go out everyday. I can bet you will get more attention. That’s because it says to women, “I care about myself, and I could care about you, too.”
- He talks to her. As a woman, I have something to tell you. We get looked at ALL THE TIME. It’s just normal, to the point that we sometimes tune it out. So look all you want–she may not even respond because it happens so often. The real kicker is when a guy will say something to you. Now that does NOT happen all the time. When you break from the crowd like that, she knows you are taking a huge risk. And if you are willing to risk in order to talk to her, it says, “You are worth it.” Nothing is more romantic or attractive to a woman than a guy like that.