Being single in Los Angeles has a sort of stigma to it. Somehow people find it hard to meet other singles and do the dating scene.
But this beautiful city, with his palm trees, salty air, and great weather, is just waiting for you to meet up and spend the night on the town with a date.
So whether you meet someone online or in person, have these top ten ideas in your back pocket for when a date night presents itself.
- Hit the beach. This one is a no-brainer. There are plenty of great beaches fairly close, so grab your swimming suit, a towel, and your date. Play in the water, go for a romantic walk on the pier, practice surfing, and make it a night by eating at a seafood restaurant.
- Day trip. Los Angeles is a great place and has lots to do, but there are also a lot of places close by worth visiting as well. Check out Sea World in San Diego, hitch a ride over to Catalina Island, or if you’re really adventurous check out Mexico just to the south.
- Be a tourist. When people visit L.A. they typically hit up the Walk of Fame and the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, take a tour of celebrities’ houses, or tour movie studios. Wouldn’t it be fun to do any of those things with a date? If you’ve lived in Los Angeles for a while but never done some of the more touristy things, a date is a great opportunity to see what brings outsiders to the City of Angels.
- Disneyland. Or California Adventure. Or Six Flags. Or Legoland. If you like theme parks, grab your date and don’t worry about acting like a kid and having fun. It is encouraged! Perfect for a few hours or the whole day.
- Go to a concert. This is L.A.! All the big names come here to play, sing, perform, or all of the above. Take your date for a night to remember. Make sure to account traffic into getting there and getting out; downtown especially gets pretty backed up.
- Visit a museum. California Science Center, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, and the Peterson Automotive Museum are just a few of the great places to go for some culture and history. Take a date and spend time walking, observing, and talking about what you see.
- Watch live sports. Get tickets for the L.A. Lakers, the Los Angeles Dodgers, or any of the other sports teams that call L.A. You and your date will love the excitement of the big crowd and the competition of the game. Who knows? Maybe you’ll spot a celebrity in the front row seats.
- Take a hike. Many amazing hills surround the big city, so if you want to get away from it all, a hike with your date is a great idea. For a challenge and a bit of nostalgia, you could hike up to the Hollywood sign. If you want something a little less strenuous, check out Franklin Canyon Park, Griffith Park Trails, or Runyon Canyon, to name a few.
- Try for an acting gig. Think you have what it takes to be an actor? Take a date and find out where you can both try out. If you fail miserably, you’ll have a great story; if you get a part, you’ll have an even better story!
- A night of comedy. You can’t beat a night of being entertained by the funny men and women of stand up. The Comedy Store is not only a great place to do that, it’s also where many of the greats were discovered. Go there, or to many of the other spots, and laugh the night away with your date.