Not only is Dallas, Texas, the fourth most populous metropolitan area of the U.S., it’s also the perfect place to take a date out for a night on the town. It’s modern and fun, and it has a ton of stuff to do. So whether you just want to find a unique restaurant, or you’re in for something a little more adventurous, Dallas is your city.
Here are a few ideas of where to take your date in Dallas, Texas.
- Indoor SkydivingIf your date is the adventurous type, but you aren’t quite ready to jump out of a plane–this date destination is for you. Check out iFly in Dallas for a date neither of you will forget. Be sure to get there early, watch other sky divers, then go to “flight school” where your instructor will give you tips for your first flight. Then you’ll gear up and your instructor will go in with you and spot you and will make sure your flight goes smoothly. You won’t be able to skydive as a duo on your first flight, but maybe if you keep dating you could come back!
- Helicopter TourMaybe skydiving isn’t your thing, but what about a romantic helicopter tour of Dallas? Check out the tours from Sky Helicopters. There are lots of tours to choose from: Holiday Lights Tours, Downtown Dallas Tour, Lake Ray Hubbard Tour, Dallas/Ft. Worth Tour, AT&T Stadium and Globe Life Park Tour, and our personal favorite, the Romantic Sunset Tour. You and your date will feel the love rise as you go up in altitude.
- Visit Reunion TowerThis Dallas landmark is a 561-foot observation tower with fun stuff to do and amazing views of the city. If you take your date to Reunion Tower, you’ll need to choose what you want to do. They have promotions all the time, such as the Love is in the Air package, which includes admission to the GeO-Deck, wine, and more. Be sure to linger and grab a bite at Five Sixty, a restaurant that revolves while you eat.
- Take a Champagne ClassThink you know a thing or two about the bubbly? Think again! Grab a date and expand your horizons on this tempting drink at a class at Central Market. If champagne isn’t your thing, be sure to check out their other classes and also their dinner-for-two pick up–perfect if you want to head out on a picnic.
- Dallas Museum of ArtDid you know that the DMA has once a month “Late Night” programs? This is a perfect date idea in Dallas. The program includes performances, tours, readings, and more. On these nights, the DMA is open until midnight. If your date is an art lover, even better!
- Go on a Carriage RideWhat could be better than making your date feel like a princess? Now that’s romantic. Check out Northstar Carriage for a variety of carriages and pick up locations.
- Take Square Dancing LessonsYou are in Texas, after all. Why not act the part? So put on your cowboy boots and hat and mosey on down to Rebel Rousers Square Dance Club. All ages and skill levels are welcome. Plus, it’s the perfect way to get up close and personal with your date.