Ahh, the college days. Where single men and women are flocking the entire college campus, dorms, and immediate area outside campus. Sounds like a dater’s dream right?
Not exactly. You see, college campuses are… college campuses. Continual party time. Hook ups. Casual encounters. All that jazz. Plus the classes and education stuff.
So what does a young, single college student looking for a more meaningful relationship to do? Of course, they could sign up for a pre-med class hoping to land a would-be doctor. But then there is that pesky studying and those pesky tests. So that’s definitely out.
They could join a club, or go to sporting events, or go to on-campus activities in hopes of bumping into another student who has the same goals and dreams as they do. But the clubs only meet once in a while, you aren’t really a sports fan, and those on-campus activities are for huge groups and it’s just hard to actually get to know anyone.
Another option would be to try to meet as many people as possible in as many ways as possible–like between classes, on the quad, in the student center, out grocery shopping, etc.–and then strike up hundreds of conversations, and finally riffle through which ones you think would actually take dating seriously and then which ones could potentially work out. Go on a bunch of first dates and then… be left with nothing.
Honestly, that sounds exhausting. In between studying and staying up late talking to roommates, do you really have that kind of time and energy?
That is why these days, many college students are turning to online dating, and you should, too. Why is it the perfect solution for a college student?
- It saves precious time. You have a lot on your plate, from classes to studying to sleeping in. It’s all about priorities. Online dating makes selecting those with similar interests a lot quicker and easier.
- It differentiates the hook ups from the daters. With online dating, you can be more direct, and many times it’ll say what they are looking for right in their profile. So you can quickly weed out who wants the same thing you do.
- Options outside of your daily routine. When you go to the same classes everyday, you generally run into the same people. Online dating lets you get to know people outside your circle. It keeps things fresh and fun.
- You date when you feel like it. Want to spend the weekend hanging out with the girls? No problem! Log out and do what you want. Log back in when you’re ready to meet some guys to date.
- Chat when you don’t feel like studying. Online dating is the perfect distraction from all that homework you have to do. It’s much more exciting to get to know this new lady friend than statistics. So go for it.
- You have juicy stories for your roommates. Who doesn’t love a good online dating story? Just like in real life, they don’t all work out. There are lots of great people on online dating websites, but there are also some more colorful characters. Have a blast telling your friends all about your adventures.