If there is one bit of advice I can give you… don’t wait until New Year’s rolls around to finally get on the online dating bandwagon. The very very best time of year to hop on and declare to the online world that you are single and looking is the last week of December!
Once Christmas is over, you’ll be amazed at how large the online dating pool is, how active it is, and how many connections you can make.You definitely don’t want to miss this best of all weeks in the online dating world. The momentum really builds then, and tends to peak right after the first of the year.
Why is this time of year so hopping? A few reasons why singles are all online the last week of December:
- Things have slowed down at work. Singles may have completed all of their projects at work and are just sort of waiting around for new stuff to come in, so there may be some lag time at work, more work breaks, or even more time off altogether. It’s a good time to log onto the online dating world and check it out.
- They are done hanging out with their family. The holidays means family time, but typically the last of December families don’t have anything particular planned. Singles may still be visiting family, in which case they will get a little bored and need something to do. Online dating is the perfect thing to do whether you are stuck at a family member’s house or at your own house. If you’ve had an interesting holiday with family, you’ll have plenty to talk about.
- They are rethinking their lives. The holidays have a way of making singles reflect on life. Maybe they were hounded by their parents, or maybe they saw others getting engaged over the holidays, or maybe just because it’s the end of the year, singles start thinking about what is missing in their lives. If love is missing, then the easiest way to get started is to sign up for an online dating account.
- They have friends who found love online. More and more people are logging onto online dating websites and even finding some success. The more singles hear these online love stories, the more they think, “Maybe I could too?”
- Many online dating sites are running specials. Sure, there are free options on most online dating sites. But if you’ve been looking to be more committed and take advantage of paid features, this may be a great time of year to do so. See what specials you can find!
- They want someone to kiss on New Year’s Eve. Or at least a party to go to where this COULD happen. Why not connect with other singles via online dating sites to find out the best parties to go to?
If you’ve got “Find Love” in your 2017 resolutions list, you don’t necessarily have to wait until January 1st to get the ball rolling. Jump the gun just a bit and take advantage of one of the busiest weeks of the year in online dating!