The weather outside may be chilling, but that doesn’t mean your love life has to be frozen. Sure, it’s not an ideal time of year to be outside a lot and winter weather can limit your date night possibilities. But with a little creativity, you just may forget how cold it is outside.
- If it’s snowing outside, why not take advantage of the beauty and the silence? Stay with me here… get all your snow gear on and go on a winter night walk. If you bundle up enough, you won’t even notice the cold. You’ll get a little exercise in, but it’s not really about that. It’s about walking, hand in hand (or gloves), in a romantic setting. You don’t have to go far to experience a a magical winter walk with your date. Who knows? Maybe you’ll steal a kiss as it snows.
- Imagine this: a roaring fire in the fireplace, and you and your date on the couch. Sipping hot cocoa and cuddling. Is this really a date? You bet it is! The best kind, too. While it’s cold outside, you and your date can be warm and cozy inside, just talking and enjoying each other’s company. It’s all about the ambiance, so if you don’t have a fireplace… pull one up on Netflix or head to a hotel with one.
- Get out and support the team. Take your date to any of the sports games that go on during the wintertime: hockey, basketball, etc. Get a little crazy and paint your faces and wear your team’s colors. As you both get a little rowdy at the game, you’ll soon get excited for each other.
- If you can’t travel for real, create the destination where you are. Missing the tropics? Surround your living room in plants and pictures of the beach; then dress up in Hawaiian shirts, crank up the island tunes, and drink something with a little pineapple in it.
- Game night! Not every date has to be one-on-one. Grab some friends for a group date. It’ll be a night of fun and laughs. Make sure each couple brings a game to play and some snacks to share. You’ll forget about the cold weather outside soon enough.
- Hot tub. Whether it’s indoors or outdoors, a hot tub is the perfect way to have a sizzling date during the wintertime. Local gyms, hotels, friends, or a cabin in the woods–just find a hot tub and get to heating up with your date.
- Play in the snow! If you can’t beat it, play in it. Go snow mobiling, skiing, snow shoeing, sledding, build forts… it’ll start out playful, but as you make snow angels side by side and catch each other as you fall, you’ll also need to draw each other close for some extra body heat.
- So you’ve both got cabin fever and you just want to get out of town. Check out the local airline prices for tickets to Las Vegas, or anywhere else that is remotely warmer than where you are. The destination doesn’t need to be extravagant, as long as you two go together.